New Contemporaries is delighted to offer a studio residency opportunity in partnership with Hospitalfield, Angus from 5 September - 2 October 2017.
To be considered please read the information, application requirements and criteria below.
Autumn Residency information:
- Dates: 5 September - 2 October 2017
- £1000 research and development bursary (travel costs not included).
- The New Contemporaries’ alumni would be in residence with circa 6 UK-based visual artists, and 3 international artists (2 Commonwealth and 1 from the Netherlands).
- The residency at Hospitalfield includes full board with meals prepared by their chef on weekdays. Accommodation is provided within Hospitalfield House and cottage. You can work within the shared historic studios, your room or within the house and grounds.
- For more info please see: http://hospitalfield.org.uk/residencies/
- You must have exhibited as part of Bloomberg New Contemporaries between 2010 and 2015 inclusive.
- You must agree to produce a minimum of 1 blog for the New Contemporaries’ website over the residency describing your experience.
To apply please submit one PDF document set in 11 point font containing the information below presented in the following order:
1. Artists CV containing contact details. No more than 1 page of A4.
2. Short statement of no more than 300 words about your work.
3. Summary of no more than 300 words explaining how the opportunity will benefit your practice.
4. A maximum of 5 images of your work. Including title, year of completion and medium of work. Please note that these works must have been completed within the last 2 years. We are unable to view moving image work as part of this application process, but you are more than welcome to include stills.
5. What year you were part of Bloomberg New Contemporaries.
6. As this is a residential opportunity, please let us know about any mobility or health factors you would like to bring up.
Send PDF application to email@example.com by no later than 10:00am on Monday 1st May 2017.
Please number the pages and put your name on each page. Please entitle your PDF document in the following way: FirsnameLastname_HospitalfieldStudio2017
Regrettably only applications submitted in the format above will be considered.
We will let you know if you have been successful by June 2017. Unfortuntely, we are unable to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.