New Contemporaries is delighted to be offering a year long studio bursary in partnership with The Royal Standard, Liverpool and Bluecoat, Liverpool from July 2017 to June 2018.
The opportunity to apply for a free studio and membership at The Royal Standard, Cains Brewery Village, Liverpool is open to all Bloomberg New Contemporaries Alumni from the last 7 years (2010 to 2016 inclusive).
The Royal Standard is home to a vibrant community of artists and plays a significant role in the dynamic Liverpool art scene. Liverpool city has been the host of Bloomberg New Contemporaries as part of the Liverpool Biennial since 1999. Bluecoat was an exhibition partner for the successful launch of Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2016 in July of last year.
Benefits of the studio and opportunity include:
- Lockable personal studio (269 sq. ft) with 24hr and wheelchair access; wifi, heater, kitchen facilities.
- Access to a vibrant community of members with a range of skills and varied artistic practices.
- Access to workshop space, along with library and project space.
- Peer networking opportunities via crits with studio members and TRS directors; skill sharing workshops.
- Supplementary support from Bluecoat including free membership of bi-monthly Print Club; studio visits with Bluecoat curatorial team; free entry to selected talks, performances and reading groups; support to stage one public event at Bluecoat.
To be considered please read the application requirements and criteria below.
July 2017 – June 2018
- You must have exhibited as part of Bloomberg New Contemporaries between 2010 and 2016 inclusive.
- The bursary is for studio space only and does not cover any living costs.
- You must agree to produce a minimum of 4 blogs for our website over the year describing your experience of having the studio. Any other possible digital content will be discussed and agreed with New Contemporaries.
To apply please submit one PDF document set in 11 point font containing the information below presented in the following order:
1. Artists CV containing contact details. No more than 1 page of A4.
2. Short statement of no more than 300 words about your work.
3. Summary of no more than 300 words explaining how the opportunity will benefit your practice.
4. Short statement of no more than 300 words describing how you plan to use the studio and contribute to The Royal Standard studio life. For artists applying that are not currently based in Liverpool, it would be useful to understand how you are going to support yourself, as living expenses are not included in the bursary.
5. Which year you exhibited in Bloomberg New Contemporaries.
6. A maximum of 5 images of your work. Including title, year of completion and medium of work. Please note that these works must have been completed within the last 2 years. We are unable to view moving image work as part of this application process, but you are more than welcome to include stills.
Send PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10:00am on Monday 15 May 2017.
Please number the pages and put your name on each page. Please entitle your PDF document in the following way: FirsnameLastname_TRSStudio2017
Regrettably only applications submitted in the format above will be considered. We will let you know if you have been successful by 2 June 2017. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on unsuccessful applications.